Golden Privet Hedging Description
This variegated plant has bright green leaves with yellow margins and some completely yellow leaves and forms creamy white flowers in July, which are attractive to insects. It is less vigorous than the green variety Ligustrum Ovalifolium (approx 20cm pa) and it will respond to clipping by forming a dense, formal hedge.
Privet is resistant to pollution and therefore popular in urban and suburban gardens. Golden Privet will grow well virtually anywhere other than wet sites. Its leaves are harmful if eaten.
Pot grown plants have recommended densities shown but you can increase or reduce this density dependent on your level of patience. We also have a lovely root ball in this variety which is bushy and requires fewer per metre - our suggestion is 2 per metre but you can increase or reduce this according to the effect your are looking for and your budget.
Please note that Privet can defoliate when re-planted (especially bare root) - plants will recover in Spring.
Pot grown and instant hedging plants are available all year round. Bare roots are only available from november to late April/early May. Root Ball plants are available from mid-October to mid-April.
Have a look out our extensive selection of evergreen
alternatives to Golden Privet.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed in the product grid. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Golden Privet can be trimmed regularly throughout the growing season upto 2 or 3 times during the summer which will help promote a healthy bushy plant.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.