Hedges Direct Plant Guaranteei
The Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant GuaranteeWe are dedicated to providing our customers with quality hedging plants, so much so that we guarantee our hedge plants for a full 12 months. If any plants purchased from Hedges Direct fail within the first 12 months after delivery, we will replace them (subject to guarantee criteria being met). All we ask is that you cover the delivery cost.
We recommend that you read all the information on our plant gurantee either before purchase or before contacting us with any plant issues in the 12 months after purchase. It is important that you understand the guarantee and the qualifying criteria under which it is valid. The guarantee will only cover your purchase if all the guarantee conditions have been met.
Plant Guarantee - Full Details and Qualifying Criteria
All failures will be replaced up to 12 months after delivery providing enough Rootgrow and an additional secondary Plant Feed from the list below is purchased with your order, and the relevant planting guide is also followed.2. Plant Feed and Fertilisers also need to be purchased from Hedges Direct in order for the 12 Month Plant Guarantee to apply.Feeds and Fertilisers Information:
Criteria:1. Plants must be purchased from Hedges Direct Limited and planted using Rootgrow and also an additional feed from either Bonemeal, Afterplant Evergreen, or Seaweed Bio-Stimulant. (Your choice of secondary Plant Feed depends on the type of hedging you are purchasing. Please speak to our expert Sales team on 01257 263 876 for advice on choosing the best Feed for your plants).
- Rootgrow treated plants establish better with greater vigour, re-plant more successfully, have better developed root systems and cope better with drought conditions compared to non-treated plants.
- Bonemeal is a slow release fertiliser that can be used at the time of planting and seasonally to improve the quality of the soil.
- AfterPlant Evegreen Bio-Active Fertiliser is for use specifically with evergreen plants after planting to encourage lush and healthy growth. It complements the use of Rootgrow as a planting aid helping to strengthen and nourish the plants. Ideal for ground or container grown plants.
- Seaweed Bio-Stimulant is ideal for any plant type. When used in conjunction with Rootgrow, the liquid seaweed can speed up the mycorrhizal fungi colonisation by up to 60% creating a highly efficient root support process to promote healthy root development and establishment.
We only advise planting with a suitable combination of these products and with over 13 years' experience in hedge planting we speak from experience when we say that failure rates drop significantly when planting with a combination of Rootgrow and a secondary feed or fertiliser.3. You must also have followed our planting and aftercare guidelines, which are also available to download from the link within the Planting Advice section below.
Plant Issues: How To Contact Us
If plants have failed, we need to identify the cause of any failures so we can improve our processes or advise on avoiding repeated failures. To help us do this we ask you to provide the following information via email:
- Your original Order Number and delivery postcode.
- Your full name and contact telephone number.
- Clear photos of the plants in their planting area and a close-up image of the affected part(s) of the plants.
Please contact us via email - [email protected]
Once we have confirmed your order details and looked at the photos, we will contact you about your plants and to discuss next steps including replacement of plants.
We provide a great deal of planting advice for each specific type of hedging as well as seasonal advice on dealing with the weather.
Hedges Direct Top Planting Tips:
You can access our Planting and Aftercare Guides here.
- Plant using Rootgrow and Bonemeal (or alternative secondary plant feed). Our website calculates the exact amount of Rootgrow and Bonemeal required for plants you're purchasing. You can call our expert Sales team on 01257 263 873.
- Water well during planting and throughout dry periods. Direct water to the base of the plants, do not water foliage during very sunny and warm weather as this may burn the foliage as it evaporates.
- Water during the coolest time of the day, either first thing or last thing, never during the middle of the day.
- Rain does count towards watering so adjust accordingly, i.e. heavy rain means you need to water less, but light rain would not provide enough water to your plants.
- Make sure you weed the planting area beforehand and continue to weed during the first few years of establishment. You can use rabbit guards, mulch matting and mypex ground cover the help with weeds and pests
Or you can visit the Hedges Direct Blog
which is full of useful tips and advice for planting, pruning and caring for your hedging plants.
Show more >>>
Show less <<<