Griselinia Hedge Plants Description
Griselinia does well when trimmed to shape and quickly establishes a mature hedge.
Its growth rate is average at approx. 20-40cm p.a. and it is easy to trim so it's a great low maintenance evergreen hedging plant (though all hedges need maintenance!). Griselinia prefers well-drained soil and is one of the most suitable species for seaside gardens.
For a colourful, variegated variety, see our range of Griselinia Dixon's Cream hedging, or take a look at our large range of hedging with colourful foliage
Our other most popular coastal options are Oleaster and Escallonia. View all of our hedging for exposed sites
Prices shown for pot plants are the price per plant and we also have discounted pallet deals and discounted packs of this species in P9 pots. Recommended planting densities are shown (6 per metre for the P9's) but this is very much a matter of choice and you can increase or reduce the density depending on your level of patience and your budget.
Griselinia hedge plants are available all year round. See also our range of evergreen hedging plants
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed next to the products below. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
. Prices shown are the price per plant unless otherwise stated.
Griselinia littoralis is a great low maintenance evergreen hedge plant and is best trimmed to shape with secateurs in late Spring and early Summer, although it will tolerate pruning with shears. It can also be trimmed again in August- early September if needed.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.