Leylandii Hedge Plants Description
Leylandii has a bad reputation when it is not kept to a maintainable height, but this is a very popular choice amongst those who recognise its superb attributes and those looking for a good height on a small budget. Regular clipping of the mid green, spray like citrus scented foliage, in midsummer and autumn, can make this a superb, dense, formal garden hedge, ideal as a windbreak and for noise reduction. We also offer Golden Leylandii, a brightly coloured hedging conifer that makes a great alternative to classic Leylandii hedging.
For a similar conifer appearance but which can be cut back into old wood, please consider Western Red Cedar or see our Conifer Hedging
page. If conifers aren't for you, we offer an array of evergreen alternatives.
View also our beautifully scented range of Fragrant Hedging Plants
and for those seaside gardeners, view our hardy selection of plants for hedging for exposed sites.
Extra Tall Root Balls - Minimum Order Quantity and Delivery
Please note that there is a minimum order requirement of 5 plants for the extra tall root balls due to the specialised delivery required. Due to their extreme size and weight, these hedging plants need to be transported via articulated lorry and require a forklift to remove from the truck and into place for planting. These products are indicated by a forklift icon on the listings.
Planting a Leylandii hedge
Leylandii takes nutrients and moisture from the soil so there's a need for a space between the hedge and other shrubs. It likes sun or partial shade, well drained soil and is suitable for seaside gardens.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Leylandii should be trimmed in Spring as soon as the wether warms up, although this can be left till Summer as long as there have been no dry spells and the weather isnt very hot. Also Leylandii will not regrow from old wood, so it cannot be left to get out of hand and then trimmed down to size.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.