Photinia Red Robin Hedge Plants Description
Photinia Red robin is not a particularly dense shrub, so it has some movement in the breeze, attractive for many sites but not recommended where a security hedge is required. It develops clusters of small white flowers in mid and late Spring, sometimes followed by red fruit, but it is the Spring foliage that sets this hedging shrub apart.
Its growth rate is average, growing approx 30cm each year. Photinia should be trimmed to a formal hedge shape in Spring and Summer or can be left informal, just being trimmed down in height and width when needed. For low growing shurbs, see our fantastic collection of low growing hedge plants
It prefers a sunny site but will tolerate partial shade and although frost hardy young plants should be protected in Winter. It will do well in any well drained soil.
The Photinia shrub can be prone to leaf drop. If this happens, prune it back but dont cut into leafless wood and apply a slow release fertiliser in spring and water if necessary and you will be rewarded with vigorous bright new growth.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed in the product grid. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Photinia should be trimmed to a formal hedge shape in late Winter and early Spring or can be left informal, just being trimmed down in height and width when needed.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.