Golden Leylandii Hedge Plants Description
Like its better-known and even faster growing relative, Cupressocyparis Leylandii, it has a reputation for uncontrolled growth, however it can be easily kept as a neat hedge providing it is regularly clipped in Summer and Autumn. For more information on fast growing conifers like this one, and to see our full range of conifer hedge plants, please see the Conifer Hedging
See Golden Leylandii (x Cupressocyparis leylandii 'Castlewellan Gold') and a huge selection of colourful hedge plants in our colourful foliage section
Planting a Golden Leylandii hedge
Golden Leylandii likes full sun or partial shade, and most soils other than wet sites. It is happy in a seaside garden. see our large selection of plants for exposed sites here
Golden Leylandii will not regrow from old wood so its important to keep it trimmed regularly rather than allowing it to get out of control and then cutting back severely.
If you're looking for a hedging conifer that can be cut back into old wood, take a look at our choice of Western Red Cedar hedging.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Golden Leylandii should be pruned or trimmed during the Spring or Summer months, but avoid trimming during dry spells or when its very hot.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days!! (Some trees can be 7-10 days see product pages for info.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263 873
to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.