Choisya ternata Hedge Plants Description
Mexican Orange Blossom has star shaped white flowers that are prolific in mature plants in May and if the flowering stems are cut back by about 20/30cm after flowering, there is sometimes a second flush in late Summer/Autumn. For the rest of the year, the glossy dark green evergreen foliage is very attractive.
For a very similar hedging with yellow foliage, try Golden Mexican Orange Blossom, or you could even mix the two species together for a touch of variety. For hedging varieties with different flower colours, try our flowering hedge department.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed in the product grid. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Mexican Orange Blossom or Choisya Ternata requires little in the way of pruning, although stripping out older dead wood and weak shoots around June will help promote strong new growth. Shorten stems by 10-12in after flowere to encourage 2nd flush.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-7 working days!! (Some trees can be 7-10 days see product pages for info.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263 873
to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.