Daisy Bush Hedge Plants Description
Daisy Bush flowers profusely in July and August and is covered in small white flowers with yellow centres. It has a grey/green foliage sometimes appearing almost blue which is very attractive.
Olearia x haastii hedging is one of the few flowering species suitable for coastal positions and very windy sites, all it needs is a sunny situation and a fairly fertile soil. It will definitely benefit from an annual feed and mulch after pruning in April or May.
Growth rate is average at about 30cm.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed in the product grid. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Daisy Bush (Olearia) should be dead headed after flowers fade using shears and pruned to shape in mid to late spring.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box (Bare Roots up to 1.2m)||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Box (Pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box (Tall bare roots 1.2m +)||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet (Root balls, large pots, trees etc)||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- Please note that due to increased demand, orders will currently be dispatched within 10 - 14 working days. (See our product pages for specific delivery info)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263 873
to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.