Westland Decorative Mini Bark
The soil in our planting containers and decorative borders can lose its effectiveness over time which has a significant impact on our decorative plants and flower borders. Westland's Decorative Mini Bark both revitalises your soil and presents a nice aesthetic beneath your plants - it's the perfect solution!
The small chips fit in containers and decorative borders well without looking bulky or overpowering. These handy little bark chips are incredibly effective in retaining moisture in the soil whilst also protecting the roots of your plants from harsh winds and frosty weather. They also suppress weed growth giving you one less thing to worry about!
Directions for Use:
Prepare by removing any weeds and debris in the area you will be adding Westland's Decorative Mini Bark to.
Beds & Borders:
Pots & Containers:
- For best results, lay a fabric membrane under the bark
- Spread the bark chips under the plant canopy to hide the membrane
- Spread a layer of bark 2.5cm-5cm deep over the bed or border
- Leave a 5cm - 7cm space at the top of each container
- Spread a layer of bark 3cm-5cm over the top of your compost or soil.
Check the compost underneath is fresh at least once a year and remove weeds as they appear. Top up the bark after replenishing the soil.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Boxes (Bare roots and pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£4.99 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Pallets (Root balls, large pots, trees etc)||£60.00 delivery charge (orders up to £200 incl VAT)||Orders of £200 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page. (Please note that due to new Brexit rules, we are currently unable to export to both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.)Delivery Time
- Please note that due to high demand, delivery times are currently 3-7 days. (Some trees will be 7-14 days delivery as standard - see product pages for delivery info). We are working through existing orders as quickly as possible but can now deliver new orders within this timescale.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.