How much Rootgrow will I need?
RootGrow is an organic mycorrhizal (pronounced my-cor-y-zal) fungi - a friendly fungi for plants which greatly promotes healthy growth.
It is the first plant or soil treatment to be licensed by The Royal Horticultural Society and is used by BBC's Gardeners World. The RHS are clearly cautious that people don't oversell the benefits but they have authorised that the following can be claimed for this superb product:
- Superior plant establishment with triple the growth rate*
- Overcome re-plant problems more successfully with fewer losses
- Have better developed root systems that do not out-grow their site
- Increased flower and fruit production
- Are better able to cope with conditions of drought
*compared to untreated plants.
A single application of Rootgrow will support a plant for its entire lifetime.
All packs of Rootgrow contain a gel product which enables you to dilute the Rootgrow in water (to make a wallpaper type consistency) so that you can dip bare roots to obtain maximum usage. For potted plants and larger root balled hedging plants, Rootgrow can be used in its original granule form and sprinkled into the base of the planting hole, to ensure that the product will be in direct contact with the roots. If you need any help to work out which pack to use, please give us a call but if you order online, once plants are placed in your cart, the website will automatically calculate the amount of RootGrow that you will need to purchase.
The 2.5 litre tub is approx the same price as 5 x 360g packs but contains almost 7 times the quantity so if you need more than 5 packs, go for the tub instead. In just the same way, the 1Kg sachet is very good value compared with the smaller sachets. RootGrow has a fairly long shelf life (up to a year) and can be used on almost all new planting. All packs are re-sealable and the tub has a good strong lid which keeps the product dry.
See our video below on how to use Rootgrow. (Please note we no longer stock the granule only 150g sachets)
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days !!Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.