Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety' Hedge Plants Description
Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety' is a compact variegated evergreen hedging plant.
For a colourful, green and gold variegated Euonymus hedge, see our range of Euonymus Emerald n Gold hedging. It will grow to around 1m and is very tolerant of clipping so it makes a wonderful low hedge. To encourage bushy growth, you should tip trim the top shoots and laterals in May and then tidy up again in September. Any unvariegated growth should be trimmed back to the original stem.
Euonymus "Emerald Gaiety" will grow in any soil and virtually any position,all but the wettest sites, and is suitable for coastal and exposed sites. It gives the brightest colours when planted in full sun but will perform well in partial shade and will even be ok in full shade.
The name Euonymus comes from the Greek for "lucky". The shrub was introduced to Britain from its native China by Robert Fortune (hence "fortunei") in the 19th century.All parts of the plant are harmful if eaten.
See our ultimate Euonymus hedging guide
These plants are available all year round.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed next to the products below. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
. Prices shown are the price per plant unless otherwise stated.
Euonymus Emerald Gaiety hedge trimming should be done April to May.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.