Silver Holly Hedge Plants Description
Holly is an ideal hedging plant for many reasons. It is slow growing, so needs little maintenance, its dense form and prickly leaves are a good intruder deterrent, its berries, on pollinated female plants, provide food for native birds throughout the winter and it can be trimmed into a superb formal decorative hedge. This variety of Silver Holly has brightly variegated leaves with cream coloured margins. It grows by approx 10-20 cm p.a. and should be trimmed in autumn. Silver Holly likes full or partial shade and moist (but not wet) soil and is suitable for exposed sites and seaside gardens. See also our range of hedging for exposed sites
For a classic Holly hedging look, see our range of English Holly. You can also plant Holly alongside a number of species within our evergreen selection and our hedges with berries section for plants able to create a beautiful feature full of contrasting textures, shapes, colours and seasonal attributes.
See our ultimate Holly hedging guide
for more information of this fantastic species.
Prices shown are the price per plant. Recommended planting densities are shown but this is very much a matter of choice and you can increase or reduce the density depending on your level of urgency. See also our Advice section on Planting Density on the right hand side of our website.
Pot grown plants are available all year round. Root Ball plants are available from mid-October to mid-May.
For more colourful choices, view our colourful foliage section full of vibrant shades and patterns, capable of bringing your garden to life.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed next to the products below. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Silver Holly should be pruned in early June, but can also be trimmed in late Autumn as long as the weather does not go too cold.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.