Irish Ivy Wall Climbing Plants
The dark green, evergreen foliage creates a rich canvas which is great for hiding unsightly features. Irish Ivy can even be used as ground cover. Pin the new shoots down and they will take root quickly and securely. Another great alternative for training against walls is Pyracantha, or for a similar effect to Ivy but with small white flowers, try Star Jasmine, which is sometimes known Chinese Ivy .
If you're looking to use Ivy for cover in an instant, then we recommend our fantastic range of Hedera helix Ivy Screens, which are grown on steel frames to create an excellent green alternative to fencing that is also very secure.
We recommend planting Irish Ivy at 1 per metre; it is fast growing once established, so will rapidly cover your desired surface.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
As an evergreen climber, it can be trimmed any time. Just trim as desired (can be left to grow) to keep a neat shape. When trimming it is recommended that you wear long sleeves and gloves as the sap has been known to irritate sensitive skin. Ivy also benefits from a severe pruning in late Winter.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£25 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-7 working days!! (Some trees can be 7-10 days see product pages for info.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263 873
to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.