French Lavender Hedge Plants Description
French Lavender (sometimes known as Spanish Lavender) has a number of differences from English Lavender hedge plants. Instead of flower spikes with narrow flowers, it has bracts on the end of the flower spikes - rather like ears. Often called Butterfly Lavender, this variety has produced distilled oil since the Middle Ages.
French Lavender is a popular variety of Lavender hedging, but we do also have the following additional varieties - English Lavender
, Lavender 'Hidcote'
, White Lavender
, and Dwarf Lavender
. See even more hedge plants with fragrant flowers
These plants are available all year round. Plants bought in Autumn, Winter or Spring will flower in the first Summer.
We are happy to do a discounted pallet deal of mixed Lavenders - please phone to specify how you'd like them to be mixed.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
. As a general rule however, smaller pots such as 2Lpots can be planted anything up to 6 plants per metre (if planting in s double staggered row) whilst larger plants require less plants per metre due their size. It all depends on the fullness of hedge you wish to achieve and the time you are happy to wait to achieve this.
Instead of a fairly hard prune which benefits English Lavenders, French Lavender should just be given a light trim after flowering - often in May.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days!! (Some trees can be 7-10 days see product pages for info.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.