Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow' Hedging Plants Description
The young foliage of Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow', held on arching branches, is initially purple, then developing pink, cream and silver variegation which last all summer before the autumn foliage turns glowing red before dropping (both are deciduous).
They have small pale yellow flowers (tinged red) in late Spring and bright red berries in Autumn. The variegation is improved by pruning annually in autumn/winter. They both grow by about 25cm pa. These varieties of Berberis are good on poor soils, and will do well in most sites other than very wet and full shade, see more information on Berberis hedging plants
in our ultimate guide.
For another colourful variety of Berberis, try Berberis Admiration for its coral leaves with yellow margins. Plant Barberry Rose Glow and Harlequin (Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow') with a number of colourful plants from our evergreen hedging plants
section and get a feature full of year round interest.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed in the product grid. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Berberis Thunbergii 'Rose Glow' hedge trimming should be done immediately after flowering.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.