Fuchsia magellanica Hedge Plants Description
We commonly supply Fuchsia magellanica but do sometimes stock other varieties. If you specifically require magellanica, please do let us know upon placing your order. It is upright and vigorous (can reach 3m) but equally can be hard pruned after flowering to keep at a more manageable height (good at 1.5m to 2.0m).
Foliage is dark green and its flowers are profuse and bright with their strong pink outer petals and purple centres. It can keep flowering for many weeks through summer and Autumn and is one of the hedging species that is good at the coast, especially in the south of England. The flowers are attractive to bees and other insects. See also our entire stock of flowering hedge plants
for additional options.
Fuchsia magellanica is good in all soils (other than wet) and mild situations other than dense shade. It is thought to be reasonably resistant to rabbits (although no guarantees!).
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Fuchsia should be pruned in early to mid spring to cut back last years flowering stems. Ensure any weak or dead growth is also removed back to ground level to promote stronger new growth.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working daysNext Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on most species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.