Euonymus japonicus 'Jean Hugues' Hedge Plants Description
Euonymus japonicus 'Jean Hugues' is a dense, compact shrub with lovely evergreen foliage. It is well suited to garden borders and hedging and is tipped to be the new favourite alternative for Box hedging. Where Buxus may be susceptible to box blight, Euonymus Jean Hugues is not, although we have never had a customer complain of box blight after ordering from us! It is perfect for parterres and formal hedging as the foliage retains its dark green colour throughout winter.
See our ultimate Euonymus hedging guide
Another popular species for a Box hedge lookalike is Ilex crenata, or you can view all of our suggested box alternatives here.
It is very hardy and will grow in all soils. Ideal for hedging of up to 1m, it is easy to maintain and will grow in full sun to partial shade.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Easy to keep looking lovely, Euonymus Jean Hughes can be tip trimmed in May and tidied up again in September if required.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box (Bare Roots up to 1.2m)||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Box (Pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box (Tall bare roots 1.2m +)||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet (Root balls, large pots, trees etc)||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- Please note that due to increased demand, orders will currently be dispatched within 10 - 14 working days. (See our product pages for specific delivery info)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263 873
to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.