Wild Cherry Hedge Plants Description
Wild Cherry awakens in Spring with new leaves and flowers appearing simultaneously. The long-lasting flowers appear from red buds and are held in long drooping clusters, like cotton wool.
The leaves are bright green, oval and tooth edged. The cherries have less flesh and are more bitter than the cultivated species, but have the same dark red colour from July and will be quickly stripped from the tree by birds. The Autumn colour of the leaves is spectacular. The tree has a neat and tidy shape with a straight trunk (with smooth red brown bark) and a rounded crown.
The tree is successful in light shade but fruits better in a sunny position and it does well in most soils and situations other than exposed sites (where the flowers would blow off) and waterlogged soils.
View our complete range of high quality, flowering plants and our tasty range of edible hedging plants
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed in the product grid. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
General hedge trimming should be done twice a year, late Winter and early Spring. It is important to prune at the right time, so as not to remove new growing shoots.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.