Viburnum tinus Hedge Plants Description
Viburnum Tinus is dense and bushy with mid to dark green glossy leaves and masses of pink buds which become white flowers over a very long period from late Winter to early Spring, and then blue black jewel-like berries, see more shrubs with berries here.
The flowers for which Viburnum is noted, are carried in flat sprays approx 5/10cm wide. The berries can give a mild stomach ache if eaten.
Viburnum is really easy to grow, it likes sun but will do well in partial shade or even full shade, though it will have more flowers if it is in sun. It prefers clay and a moist site but will be fine on all but the most alkaline or dry of soils. It can tolerate windy and exposed sites and even coastal locations.
It is fast growing when young (approx 45cm pa) but slows with maturity and is easy to trim (after flowering just nip back the longest shoots) and will quickly regenerate from old wood. It is not suitable to be used as a formal, neat clipped hedge but makes a gorgeous informal boundary with welcome Winter colour.
Plant Viburnum tinus amongst a number of our high quality evergreen hedge plants and acheive a garden feature with alternative flowering times so you have interest in every season. You can also view our entire stock of hedging plants for shade
that will bring interest to screened parts of your garden.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
. As this species is supplied in pots only, as a guide the smaller pots can be up to 6 per metre if planting double staggered rows and the larger pots will be only around 2 plants per metre. Should you have any queries, please do call our sales team on 01257 263873.
Viburnum tinus growth slows as it matures. Trim after flowering by nipping back the longest shoots. Viburnum tinus will quickly regenerate from old wood.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.