Lonicera pileata Hedge Plants Description
This species of Lonicera tends to grow laterally rather than vertically but can be easily trained into a hedge structure for hedging approx 1m tall. Our measurements are for the width of the upper stem structure rather than height. View more low growing hedging plants
It isn't grown as a flowering or berrying hedge though it does have creamy white flowers in late spring and transluscent purple berries in autumn which are a good source of bird food. Trim in Summer and Autumn. Lonicera Pileata is suitable for shady sites, and most soil types including alkaline soil, but not wet sites.
View our evergreen hedging plants
section for plants capable of growing in the most challenging growing conditions and see also our range of low growing hedging plants
Pot grown plants are available all year round. Bare roots are only available from november to late April/early May.
Youll see our recommended planting densities for each size and root type listed next to the products below. We suggest that you use these as a guide, taking into consideration how long youre willing to wait to see your finished hedge. As a rough indication bare roots can be planted at anything from 3 to 7 per metre and cell grown between 4 and 6 - the higher densities here would need to be planted in a double staggered row or zig-zag.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
. Prices shown are the price per plant unless otherwise stated.
Lonicera Pileata should be pruned in late Winter or early in the new year before new growth occurs, whilst the plant is dormant, but be cautious of extreme cold weather and frosts.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days (Please note that current orders for box root balls may be a longer delivery time due to hot weather affecting lifting. At present lifting is only on a once a week basis. Call 01257 263873 for an estimated delivery on this product.)Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.