Cotoneaster simonsii Hedge Plants Description
Cotoneaster simonsii is a semi evergreen (almost evergreen, retains its leaves in mild winters) upright hedging plant, with small dense green leaves (some of which turn bright red in autumn) and it has profuse white/pink flowers in June (attractive to bees) and bright red, large berries in Autumn which stay on the plant for a long time.
Whilst it makes a great single species evergreen hedge, Himalayan Cotoneaster also looks very attractive planted alongside Cotoneaster franchetii
which has orange berries, adding year yourn interest and a depth of colour.
See also our Cotoneaster Hedging Guide
for more information on all varieties of Cotoneaster hedging plants.
It responds well to trimming and can be kept in a neat shape by trimming in February, you can also trim any wayward stems after flowering. It is best kept at 1m to 1.5m but can be left to grow taller if needed.
For more information on planting distances please see our planting density advice section
Cotoneaster Simonsii is best kept at 1m to 1.5m but can be left to grow taller if needed. Pruning should take place early in the year, but aditional pruning of vigarous shoots take place after flowering.
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £60 incl VAT) ||Orders of £60 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page It's Quick!
- most orders are despatched within 3-5 working days !!Next Day Delivery is Available
- We can offer next day delivery on eligible species and sizes for an additional £12 incl VAT. Call 01257 263873 to find out if your order is eligible.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.