Westland Tree & Shrub Planting and Potting Mix
Westland's dedicated Tree and Shrub Planting and Potting Mix is incredibly versatile, catering for the needs of a variety of plants. It's specifically formulated to care to the needs of those plants that require a high amount of nutrients, whether this is due to the species you have chosen or the planting conditions of your garden.
When buying a new plant, whether new or more developed, this mix will reduce the stress that your plants face adapting to their new environment. The zinc complex addition to this product helps your plant build a high resilience to factors such as weather conditions, diseases and pests.
Directions for Use:
Westland's Tree and Shrub Planting and Potting Mix can be used throughout the year when planting into the ground or into containers.
Beds and Borders:
- Water your plant thoroughly
- Gently tap the plant to remove the pot
- Shake off loose compost
- Half fill your pot with loose compost
- Place your plant in the pot
- Fill the gaps with more compost mix
- Firm in and add water
- Dig a hole twice the depth of your roots or root ball
- Place the plant in the holet
- Fill compost around the roots
- Firm in and add water
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Boxes (Bare roots and pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£4.99 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Pallets (Root balls, large pots, trees etc)||£60.00 delivery charge (orders up to £200 incl VAT)||Orders of £200 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page. (Please note that due to new Brexit rules, we are currently unable to export to both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.)Delivery Time
- Please note that due to high demand, delivery times are currently 3-7 days. (Some trees will be 7-14 days delivery as standard - see product pages for delivery info). We are working through existing orders as quickly as possible but can now deliver new orders within this timescale.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.