About Star Jasmine Hedging Screens (Trachelospermum jasminoides)
Star Jasmine screens are an innovative garden screening solution that mean you can enjoy the security and privacy of a long-lasting fence with the aesthetic and environmental benefits of a truly stunning flowering hedge.
Star Jasmine hedging screens are grown on galvanised steel frames with several plants grown in each 120cm trough to create full coverage of the frame. Star Jasmine living screens are easy to install and offer a low maintenance, sustainable living fence or wall with some wonderful attributes, not least the beautifully abundant, fragrant, sweet-scented flowers for which Star Jasmine is most coveted.
Different uses for Star Jasmine Hedging Screens
Star Jasmine screens are an ideal alternative to fences and bushy hedges. They are an immediate, attractive and cost-effective perimeter solution for any location:
- Gardens: Instant security and privacy - these living screens, with their hidden steel framework, look simply stunning whilst also keeping intruders out. Use them as a partition to create a secluded area within your outdoor space, or keep prying eyes out by planting Jasmine screens around your boundary.
- Space saving: The narrow 20cm depth is particularly useful for small gardens that want to maintain a level of privacy without compromising on space. Unlike a hedge, the narrow screen performs the same role whilst maximising the available outdoor area.
- Businesses and Public areas: Instant security with an attractive aesthetic - with a ten year guarantee on the steel frame, you can secure your perimeter and maintain peace of mind. Additional benefit of low maintenance with functional long-term use, seasonal interest and exquisite scent from the unique, white, star or pinwheel-shaped flowers from which the name derives.
- Envrionmental Benefits: Hedging screens can help to combat pollution of differing types in their immediate area in the same way as full hedges; leaves act as both filters of air toxins and noise to a degree. They are also partial windbreaks dependent upon the fullness of growth on the frame. Star Jasmine screens in particular are a wildlife magnet, attracting bees, butterflies and other polllinating insects that find the flowers irresistable.
- Prevent anti-social behaviour: Hedging screens can be planted instead of fencing or against walls to prevent graffiti or vandalism.
- Urban gardens: Hedging screens such as this are popular in cities to create private spaces, roof gardens and green areas.They are ideal for city living due to their narrow depth but varying height along with ease and diversity of installation. They offer an attractive yet space-saving option to create attractive 'green' urban spaces.
- Save on the paperwork! Unlike walls, you do not need planning permission to erect living panels of up to 2.2m high.
Our sales team are highly experienced in quoting for hedging screens - for expert advice call 01257 263 873
or request a call back using this email address email@example.com - just pop your phone number into the subject line and say 'Star Jasmine screens enquiry' and well call you back as soon as soon as possible.
Each green living screen is easy to handle and the 180cm x 120cm panel for example, weighs around 35kg.
Installing a row of green screens is an easy DIY job, however if you wish you can ask a local landscaper to do this for you. You can buy suitable posts, metal or wood, from your local DIY store or builder's merchant along with metal brackets to fix the screens to the posts or to a wall. Your local store will be able to advise on appropriate fixings.
- Begin by digging a trench, 30cm wide and 40cm deep.
- Position the posts at 1.3m intervals (centre-centre), we recommend using concrete for increased stability however this is not essential
- Loosen the soil at the bottom of the trench and add water if it is dry (it's better to do this now than after the screens are planted).
- Mix in some general-purpose compost to the bottom of the trench (10 litres per metre of trench). We also recommend planting with Rootgrow, you can sprinkle this into the trench now.
- Plant the screens in the trenches, making sure the top of the biodegradable pot sits just below the surface level of the soil.
- Tighten all brackets (make sure none of the plants are squeezed by the brackets).
- Backfill and firm the soil gently.
- Water thoroughly directly to the base after planting.
Free delivery is available on most orders (except Premium Products) providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Standard Boxes (Bare roots up to 1.2m tall and pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£7.99 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Tall Boxes (Bare roots 1.2m and over)||£14.99 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Pallets (Root balls, large pots (10L+), trees etc)||£60.00 delivery charge (orders up to £350 incl VAT)||Orders of £350 and over - FREE|
|Pleached Trees (Specialist Delivery)||£450.00 delivery charge (orders up to £1500 incl VAT)||Orders of £1500 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall or large plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page. (Please note that due to new Brexit rules, we are currently unable to export to both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.).
Delivery Time - Please note that delivery times are currently 3-7 days excluding bank holidays. *Some troughs and trees may take up to 14 days delivery. We are working through existing orders as quickly as possible to deliver new orders within this timescale.
It's Convenient - no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time).
It's Tried & Tested - we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care.
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page for full details.
Nominated Day Delivery
Choose a delivery day that suits you with our new Nominated Day Delivery option at checkout. Whilst our standard no signature delivery means you don't need to take time away from other committments to receive your order, we understand that there are times our customers want to make sure they are present to accept delivery, either to plant straight away or to store somewhere safe and out of the way until you're ready to plant.
For an additional fee, you can make sure that your order arrives on the exact day you want it. Please note that this is additional charge to all qualifying orders, including those above the free delivery threshold for Standard Delivery.
Our Nominated Day Delivery is available year-round on the weekdays Tuesdays to Fridays, excluding the day after any bank holiday.
Some products are sent direct from our suppliers and as such are not available for Nominated Day Delivery. These include:- Cell Grown Hedging Plants- Instant Trough Grown Hedging Plants- Instant Hedging Screens- Premium Root Balls (250cm and above in height)- Turf
To book your Nominated Day Delivery for farther ahead than the 3 week window available online, please contact our Sales & Advice team to discuss your options.