Laburnum x anagyroides 'Yellow Rocket'® is a new variety of spring-flowering Laburnum, featuring a narrow, upright columnar form. Its bright-green pinnate foliage creates the perfect backdrop to the stunning display of golden-yellow flowers that drape elegantly from the tree in long racemes, and from where the common name - Golden Chain Tree originates. With their sunshine hue and enticing scent, the flowers are highly attractive to a host of pollinators including bees and butterflies.
As its name might suggest Laburnum 'Yellow Rocket' has a narrow upright growth habit - this makes it perfect for all gardens but particularly suitable for smaller gardens or patios, adding vibrant colour and vertical interest. It can also be trained onto a pergola or arch to create an eye-catching garden feature. It is important to note however that all parts of this tree, partcularly the seed pods, are toxic to both humans and animals when ingested.
Laburnum 'Yellow Rocket' thrives in a sunny position but will tolerate partial shade. It is suited to all soil types, well-drained.
Expect a height and spread in 10 years of around 4 x 3m.
Planting Laburnum x anagyroides 'Yellow Rocket'
This ornamental tree is pot grown so can be planted all year-round. We recommend sprinkling Rootgrow
when planting to enhance the growth quality.
1. Dig a square hole as deep as your root mass and approximately 2x as wide
2. Mix 50% of the original soil with 50% compost
3. Remove the tree from the pot and gently loosen the soil around the roots.
4. Place the tree into the hole, fill it with your soil mix and firm around gently (avoid banking the collar of the tree)Aftercare:
Be mindful that it is common for Laburnum trees to flower well one year, then not so well the next, and then back to a year of bursting flowers, so do not worry too much if blooms aren't as prolific from year to year,
1. Remove weeds and grass around the area for the first couple years of the growing season.
2. When planting in spring and summer: water well for the first few months and increase watering if there are periods of hot or dry weather
3. When planting in autumn: you may only need to water a little
4. Use a rabbit guard
if prone to rabbits in the areaPruning
Golden Chain trees do not need regular pruning but it will take well to pruning if required. Simply remove damaged, diseased or overcrowded branches and any side shoots to help raise the crown if you want a clear trunk. This beautiful tree can also be pruned into an arch shape.
Pruning time: Dormant season
is available on all orders providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Small Box (Bare Roots up to 1.2m)||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Box (Pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£12 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Large/Tall Box (Tall bare roots 1.2m +)||£18 delivery charge (orders up to £120 incl VAT)||Orders of £120 and over - FREE|
|Pallet (Root balls, large pots, trees etc)||£60 delivery charge (orders up to £240 incl VAT)||Orders of £240 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page. (Please note that due to new Brexit rules, we are currently unable to export to both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.)IDelivery Time
- Please note that due to high demand, current delivery is 14-28 days! (Some trees can be 10-14 days delivery as standard - see product pages for info.)It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.