Photinia Red Robin Trellis Grown Screening Information
Trellis Grown Screening Information
In a similar way to how pleached trees are created, Trellis grown screening plants are trained around a frame structure to grow as a flat screen. As the plant grows in a manipulated way, it forms a green screen which can be used to create partitions within an outdoor living space, or to cover up unsightly walls and views of dull grey buildings.
All of our Trellis Grown Screening are container grown, and depending on the size can either trough grown for larger plants, or pot grown for smaller plants. This means that like our container grown hedging plants, trellis grown screening can either be planted out into the ground, or re-potted into decorative pots or planters as a more modular garden screening option.
With clusters of delicate white flowers and vivid, scarlet leaves in spring that transform into a striking deep green in winter, Photinia Red Robin will truly stand out in your garden. A whilst not quite as dense as the compact variety of Red Robin, Photinia Red Robin is an evergreen species which can still offer a good deal of privacy.
Photinia Red Robin grows best in sunny conditions, but can still grow well in partial shade and thrives in well-drained soil. It's resilient against frost, but young plants should be protected during the winter.
For further information, please call 01257 263 876
and speak to a member of our team who will be happy to advise you.
Each green living screen is easy to handle and the 180cm x 120cm panel for example, weighs around 35kg.
Installing a row of green screens is an easy DIY job, however if you wish you can ask a local landscaper to do this for you. You can buy suitable posts, metal or wood, from your local DIY store or builder's merchant along with metal brackets to fix the screens to the posts or to a wall. Your local store will be able to advise on appropriate fixings.
- Begin by digging a trench, 30cm wide and 40cm deep.
- Position the posts at 1.3m intervals (centre-centre), we recommend using concrete for increased stability however this is not essential
- Loosen the soil at the bottom of the trench and add water if it is dry (it's better to do this now than after the screens are planted).
- Mix in some general-purpose compost to the bottom of the trench (10 litres per metre of trench). We also recommend planting with Rootgrow, you can sprinkle this into the trench now.
- Plant the screens in the trenches, making sure the top of the biodegradable pot sits just below the surface level of the soil.
- Tighten all brackets (make sure none of the plants are squeezed by the brackets).
- Backfill and firm the soil gently.
- Water thoroughly directly to the base after planting.
is available on most orders (except Premium Products) providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Boxes (Bare roots and pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£7.99 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Pallets (Root balls, large pots (10L+), trees etc)||£60.00 delivery charge (orders up to £350 incl VAT)||Orders of £350 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall or large plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page. (Please note that due to new Brexit rules, we are currently unable to export to both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.)Delivery Time
- Please note that delivery times are currently 2-5 days excluding bank holidays. *Some troughs and trees may take up to 14 days delivery. We are working through existing orders as quickly as possible to deliver new orders within this timescale.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.