About Ivy Screens (Hedera helix)
Hedera helix Ivy screens (a non-invasive variety) are an innovative screening solution that mean you can enjoy the security of a long lasting fence with the aesthetic and environmental benefits of a hedge.
Our range of Hedera helix screens are grown on galvanised steel frames using 13 plants, each with five shoots, creating full coverage. Ivy Screens are easy to install and make a low maintenance, sustainable living fence.
Different uses for Ivy Screens
Ivy screens are a great alternative to fences and bushy hedges. They are an immediate, cost effective perimeter solution.
- Family Gardens: Instant security - wall screens keep children and pets in and intruders out. Instant privacy - create a secluded area within your garden by planting Hedera screens around your seating area.
- Space saving - small gardens needn’t be overlooked by neighbours, our Ivy fence panels only reach 20cm in depth so can be planted in even the smallest of gardens and still won’t limit your outdoor space.
- Businesses and Public areas: Instant security - with a ten year guarantee on the steel frame, you can secure your perimeter and maintain peace of mind whilst helping to reduce pollution.
- Prevent anti-social behaviour - you no longer need to erect an ugly security fence to keep your business protected. Ivy screens can be planted instead of fencing or against walls to prevent graffiti.
- Urban gardens - Hedera screens are popularly used in cities to create roof gardens and green areas.
- Less hassle - save on the paperwork! Unlike walls, you do not need planning permission to erect Ivy fence panels of up to 2.2m high. Ivy screens can be used for a multitude of purposes, all of which help to reduce pollution and increase wildlife habitats. Hedera screens acts as a wind break, privacy screen, living wall and security perimeter but take up less space than a thick hedge.
Our sales team are highly experienced in quoting for Ivy screens - for expert advice call 01257 263 873
or request a call back using this email address [email protected]
- just pop your phone number into the subject line and say 'Ivy screens enquiry' and well call you back within 15 minutes.
Each green living screen is easy to handle and the 180cm x 120cm panel for example, weighs around 35kg.
Installing a row of green screens is an easy DIY job, however if you wish you can ask a local landscaper to do this for you. You can buy suitable posts, metal or wood, from your local DIY store or builder's merchant along with metal brackets to fix the screens to the posts or to a wall. Your local store will be able to advise on appropriate fixings.
- Begin by digging a trench, 30cm wide and 40cm deep.
- Position the posts at 1.3m intervals (centre-centre), we recommend using concrete for increased stability however this is not essential
- Loosen the soil at the bottom of the trench and add water if it is dry (it's better to do this now than after the screens are planted).
- Mix in some general-purpose compost to the bottom of the trench (10 litres per metre of trench). We also recommend planting with Rootgrow, you can sprinkle this into the trench now.
- Plant the screens in the trenches, making sure the top of the biodegradable pot sits just below the surface level of the soil.
- Tighten all brackets (make sure none of the plants are squeezed by the brackets).
- Backfill and firm the soil gently.
- Water thoroughly directly to the base after planting.
is available on most orders (except Premium Products) providing they meet the minimum spend criteria for the size of box or pallet. Pallet deliveries and large box deliveries for tall plants are indicated by icons on the product table listings. Delivery costs and minimum order details for each packaging type are as follows:
|Packaging Type||Standard Delivery Charge||Minimum Order Values (incl VAT) for FREE Delivery|
|Boxes (Bare roots and pots up to and incl. 7.5L)||£7.99 delivery charge (orders up to £100 incl VAT) ||Orders of £100 and over - FREE|
|Pallets (Root balls, large pots (10L+), trees etc)||£60.00 delivery charge (orders up to £350 incl VAT)||Orders of £350 and over - FREE|
There are some exceptions to the standard delivery pricing structure, which relate to deliveries to more remote areas, overseas, or extremely tall or large plants requiring specialist delivery - for more information see the Delivery Information Page. (Please note that due to new Brexit rules, we are currently unable to export to both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.)Delivery Time
- Please note that delivery times are currently 2-5 days excluding bank holidays. *Some troughs and trees may take up to 14 days delivery. We are working through existing orders as quickly as possible to deliver new orders within this timescale.It's Convenient
- no need to wait in all day to sign, we don't need a signature (the odd, larger order may require a signature but will be delivered at a mutually agreeable time)It's Tried & Tested
- we use only couriers who have shown consistency in their efficiency & care
* Please note that delivery costs are based on the final order amount in your cart after
any discounts have been applied.
Hedges Direct 12 Month Plant Guarantee
Our plants are guaranteed for 12 months after delivery subject to specific criteria. Visit our Hedges Direct Plant Guarantee Page
for full details.